Deadline: August 31, 2017
The Faculty of Science (the University of Western Australia) is offering a limited number of prestigious postgraduate research scholarships to academically outstanding international and domestic students wishing to undertake a research doctorate degree (PhD) in the Faculty of Science.
Work with our leading researchers to help bring about meaningful change for the world and humanity in the key areas of:
- Feeding the world
- Preventing, diagnosing and treating disease
- Furthering human knowledge and enhancing society
- Harnessing resources and energy for a sustainable future
- Restoring and maintaining balance in our natural environment
- Optimising physical and mental performance
All Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholars will receive a scholarship package which includes:
- A stipend living allowance of $40,000 per annum
- Research travel/conference allowance of $5000 per annum
- A research operating and submission costs allowance of $5000 per annum
- Overseas student single health cover (for international students)
- Tuition fees
The scholarship package is awarded for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, with a possible extension of up to six months.
How to apply
Applicants for a Dean’s Excellence in Science Scholarship are required to make contact with potential supervisors before submitting their application.
Domestic applicants must complete and submit the online application for the Australian and University Postgraduate Awards as advertised on the UWA website by the advertised closing date (31 October 2017).
International applicants can use the online enquiry form that helps us match your research interests with potential supervisors.
International applicants must complete and submit the online application for the IPRS scholarships as advertised on the UWA website by the advertised closing date (being 31 August 2017).
Domestic and international applicants
The Future Students website gives general information on how to identify a supervisor.
Our PhD Opportunities in Science web pages provide information on a selection of specific research projects.
These scholarships are available for new applicants only.
Please note: IPRS applicants should submit an online application through iAthena
Both Domestic and International applications open:
1 April and close 31 May 2017 – for commencement in the second half of 2017.
1 September and close 31 October 2017 – for commencement in the first semester of 2018.
To be considered for the Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholarship applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- International students must meet the eligibility requirements for International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
- Domestic students must meet the eligibility requirements for Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA)
Conditions of award
There are a limited number of Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholarships and applicants should be aware that they are awarded on an academic merit-based, competitive basis.
Selection for a Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholarship is a merit-based and highly competitive process. Candidates will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic excellence through current studies
- Demonstrated high quality, innovative research capacity
- English Language achievement
Applications will be reviewed and final selections decided by a committee comprising The Dean of the Faculty of Science, and a minimum of two Heads of School and academic staff.
Should you have any question about the scholarship and other opportunities featured on this website or should you need assistance at anytime in your application, please, do not hesitate to write to us via this address: email@example.com.
We will get back to you in the shortest possible time. Be assured of our full commitment. We are always glad to assist you make your dream (of developing into an effective, world-class environmental management professional) come true.