Deadline: March 31, 2017
Successful applicants will be informed 3 months after this deadline.
Call for Applications Now Open:
TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme for scientists from sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa.
Under this programme, researchers are assisted in making a Cooperation Visit to an institute in Germany. Such visits will have a duration of no more than three (3) months and must be undertaken within 12 months of the award.
The aim of the visit is to discuss research collaboration with German scientists with the ultimate goal of developing longer-term collaboration, perhaps through other DFG programmes.TWAS will cover visa, health insurance and travel expenses, while DFG will provide subsistence costs for the stay in Germany.
The administration and financial operation of TWAS is undertaken by UNESCO in accordance with an agreement between UNESCO and the Italian Government for TWAS.
- Applicants must hold a PhD and must have obtained it not earlier than 2010;
- Applicants must be nationals of a sub-Saharan African country, including South Africa,
- Hold a research position in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants already on site in Germany are not eligible.
- Successful applicants can only reapply once for another cooperation visit.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
*Environment-related programmes are eligible.
Applicants must complete the attached Application Form.
Do you like this story?
Or do you have some exciting environment-related news or scholarships opportunities to share?
We are glad to hear from you
Write to us at: email@example.com,